- The Clark has completed its final phase of its campus expansion program and recently received the coveted 2014 Apollo Award for Museum Opening of the Year
Anniversaries in 2015:
- Barrington Stage Company celebrates 10 years at its Pittsfield location
- Tanglewood‘s Music Center (the music academy for students) celebrates its 75th anniversary
- The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center turns 110 and its renovation celebrates 10 years
- Berkshire International Film Festival turns 10
- The Clark turns 60
- Bidwell House Museum turns 25
- MASS MoCA received a $25.4 million grant from the state which gave Mr. Thompson, the museum’s director, funds to start the last phase of an effort he helped hatch nearly three decades ago: transforming an abandoned 19th-century factory complex into a destination arts center that could help revive the struggling economy of North Adam
- The Mount‘s historic stable is now open and available for special events, this unique atmosphere is perfect for a sit down dinner or a club style party.
- Chesterwood has added Friday evening programming which focuses on live bluegrass and folk music on the grounds of Daniel Chester French’s estate. It is called Chesterfest Americana Music Series.
- Jane’s Cafe to open inside Berkshire Theatre Group’s Fitzpatrick Lobby with seating for up to 36. The cafe will be catered by The Red Lion Inn.
- The Berkshire Scenic Railroad is open again for business and will be running trains from Adams to North Adams all summer long.
- Hilltop Orchards is adding fat bike trails to their already extensive cross country and snow shoeing trail system
- Berkshire East has opened North America’s longest mountain coaster and a SkyTrac quad chairlift with a ChairKid loading carpet. Come this spring, downhill mountain bikers will have a new park to play in, construction has begun on a lift-serviced mountain bike park at Berkshire East Mountain Resort.
- Ramblewild which opened last summer is the newest aerial park in the Berkshires, it offers 8 unique self-guided, tree to tree aerial courses ranging from lower, beginning trails to much higher, more expert aerial courses.
- Forbes Travel Guide names Wheatleigh as one of its new 5-star hotels.
- The Orchards Hotel, as one of the Hay Creek Hotels is now offering Tesla charging stations on-site. This service is available year round and provides fast and convenient charging solutions for travelers. These particular Hay Creek hotels will be programmed into the GPS system of all Tesla.
- Hilton Garden hotel is set to open in Spring of 2015 at 1032 South St. in Pittsfield.
- Main Street Hospitality Group is a privately held hotel management company founded originally at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Mass. The group also manages The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA and new for this year, The Williams Inn and is working to develop a new 45 room property, Hotel on North, in Pittsfield, Mass. which is planned to open 2015