- The Clark has completed its final phase of its campus expansion program and recently received the coveted 2014 Apollo Award for Museum Opening of the Year
Anniversaries in 2015:
- Barrington Stage Company celebrates 10 years at its Pittsfield location
- Tanglewood‘s Music Center (the music academy for students) celebrates its 75th anniversary
- The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center turns 110 and its renovation celebrates 10 years
- Berkshire International Film Festival turns 10
- The Clark turns 60
- Bidwell House Museum turns 25
- Jane’s Cafe has just opened inside Berkshire Theatre Group’s Fitzpatrick Lobby with seating for up to 36. The cafe will be catered by The Red Lion Inn.
- MASS MoCA received a $25.4 million grant from the state which gave Mr. Thompson, the museum’s director, funds to start the last phase of an effort he helped hatch nearly three decades ago: transforming an abandoned 19th-century factory complex into a destination arts center that could help revive the struggling economy of North Adam
- Chesterwood has added Sunday evening programming which focuses on live bluegrass and folk music on the grounds of Daniel Chester French’s estate. It is called Chesterfest Americana Music Series.
- The Berkshire Scenic Railroad is open again for business and will be running trains from Adams to North Adams all summer long.
- Hilltop Orchardshas added fat bike trails to their already extensive cross country and snow shoeing trail system
- Berkshire East has opened North America’s longest mountain coaster and downhill mountain bikers have a new park to play in, construction has begun on a lift-serviced mountain bike park at Berkshire East Mountain Resort.
- Ramblewild which opened last summer is the newest aerial park in the Berkshires, it offers 8 unique self-guided, tree to tree aerial courses ranging from lower, beginning trails to much higher, more expert aerial courses.
- Hotel on North is open. This new boutique hotel in Pittsfield offers a urban chic lodging experience and in the hotel enjoy dining at their new restaurant Eat on North. Includes meeting space and extend stay suites.
- Forbes Travel Guide names Wheatleigh as one of its new 5-star hotels.
- The Orchards Hotel, as one of the Hay Creek Hotels is now offering Tesla charging stations on-site. This service is available year round and provides fast and convenient charging solutions for travelers. These particular Hay Creek hotels will be programmed into the GPS system of all Tesla.
- Hilton Garden is open at 1032 South St. in Pittsfield and will have meeting space and a restaurant.
- Barrington Coffee Roasting Company is now offering a Cupping Class, great for those who love coffee and want to learn more about roasting and tasting.
- Berkshire Mountain Bakery has added a second location in Pittsfield.
- District Kitchen & Bar opened in Pittsfield, Public Eat + Drink‘s sister restaurant.
- Mad Jack’s BBQ moved and set up shop in Lanesborough.
- Methuselah Bar and Lounge opened in Pittsfield.