Surround yourself in the majestic scenery of the Berkshires. To assist you in your travel planning, we have provided a few of our favorite hiking trails as well as other useful links.
Did you know that there are over 50 wildlife sanctuaries in MA and 3 of them are in the Berkshires? If you are an animal lover be sure to check out these 3 hiking trails from Mass Audubon.
Berkshire Natural Resources Council: Top Ten Berkshire Trails is a hikers ideal resource. Here are 3 hikes we think you must add to your list.
Here are 10 varied hikes from the Department of Conservation & Recreation.
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail (Accessible Trail) (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Beartown State Forest (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Clarksburg State Park
- Greylock Glen
- Mohawk Trail State Forest
- Mount Greylock Trail (Accessible Trail) (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Mt. Washington State Forest
- October Mountain – Washington Mountain Marsh Interpretive Trail
- October Mountain State Forest Trail Map
- Savoy Mountain State Forest Trail Map (Accessible Trail)
Want to go on a self-guided adventure? Check out this Self-Guided Family Hikes guide from DCR for the western part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Or check out their list of accessible trails and heart-healthy trails across MA. Happy hiking!