Last updated August 4, 2021
UPDATE: Many Berkshire businesses are once again acting in accordance with CDC recommendation to mask up indoors. Additionally, many cultural institutions are requiring timed entry and/or proof of vaccination. We strongly encourage all visitors to check with each venue before you go, to carry your vaccine card with you, and to follow safety protocols set in place by each business and organization during your visit. Thank you. Visit CDC’s website.
The natural beauty, culture, cuisine, and adventure of the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts await your arrival when the time is right for you to travel. Before planning to visit any of our 30 towns and 2 cities, we recommend that you contact each destination for specific information regarding availability and safety precautions.
Our restaurants are open, though days and hour vary. Call for specific details. You can also enjoy a plethora of takeout, delivery, and curbside options. Find inspiration to whet your appetite here.
Our hotels and lodging properties are open. Contact your lodging of choice – including campsites – for details and availability. Museums and cultural venues are open as well, and some offer (or may require) timed-entry into their facilities. Check with each one for specific details.
Outdoor attractions, parks, and trails are open. Many institutions have made their grounds available for free. Visit here for ideas about what’s open right now and what to do, and be sure to check each website or call before making plans.
Read the 2021 Berkshires Brochure
Photo: Kripalu Summer Camp.
Know Before You Go
- COVID Data Tracker
- COVID-19 FAQs from VisitMA.com.
- Current reopening guidance can be found at www.mass.gov/reopening.
- Many businesses are once again asking patrons to mask up indoors at the advice of the CDC. Please follow safety protocols set in place by each business and organization.
We hope that you will choose to vaccinate. Please be prepared to follow these safety guidelines during your visit:
- Follow mask rules where and when requested by local businesses and on public and private transportation systems.
- Maintain proper social distance when in public crowds.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Respect various comfort levels, mask wearing, social distancing requests by individuals and businesses.
For More Information
- Travel information related to COVID-19
- Find up-to-date information at Mass.gov.
- FAQ about COVID-19 from Mass.gov.
Enjoy yourself! Whether you’re here for a day trip or a month, we hope you have a wonderful time #intheBerkshires. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Tag us with #intheBerkshires, #liveBRK, #tasteBerkshires, #visittheBerkshires, #BerkshireMomentofZen. Find inspiration for what to do, where to stay, and what to eat. Shop small. Visit in any season. Leave our natural beauty free of litter. Make memories. Come back again!