It is that time of the year where we start making lists of all the things we resolve to do next year. We here at the Berkshire Visitors Bureau thought we would make your list making just a bit easier and give you our Top 20 Favorite Things to Do in the Berkshires. Be sure to add at least one of these to your new year’s resolutions, we promise you will not regret it!
1. Enjoying a full day of movie watching during the Berkshire International Film Festival.
2. Hiking at the Pittsfield State Forest, the perfect spot to take in a Berkshire sunset.
3. A luxurious spa day at Cranwell Resort, absolute relaxation.
4. Seeing a show at Barrington Stage Company… theatre at its best.
5. Going back to the 18th century at the Bidwell House Museum.
6. Taking a ghost tour at the Mount, nothing eerier than searching out local spirits.
7. Taking in a delicious prix fixe meal at the ‘6 House Pub or enjoying some live jazz at the Gateways Inn’s cozy lounge.
8. Bargain shopping at the Pine Cone Hill Outlet, who doesn’t want a Dash & Albert rug for their home.
9. Wine tasting at Spirited. I always finding a new delicious wine to add to my must have list.
10. Driving up road to the top of Greylock or if you are daring, hiking and then enjoying lunch at Bascom Lodge.
11. Picnic on the lawn at Tanglewood while listening to the lovely strains of the BSO.
12. Apple picking at Lakeview Orchards, then taking home apples and apple cider donuts, yum.
13. The acoustics at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center coupled with the recently restored historic architectural details.
14. Taking in an outdoor performance at Jacob’s Pillow’s In & Out stage, magical in so many ways
15. Reveling in the colors of Sol Lewitt at MASS MoCA, all the structure in the design is mind boggling.
16. Family fun at Whitney’s Farm, in autumn be sure to pick up a pumpkin or in the summer enjoy some blueberry picking.
17. Yoga…we have so many choices and there is nothing more beautiful and peaceful than the view and the feeling when leaving Kripalu.
18. Taking a leisurely drive to enjoy the Berkshire scenery. Some of the best views can be found at Olivia’s Overlook and along Rte. 7 into Williamstown.
19. Bundling up and getting out on the slopes with the whole family, nothing greater than a good ski day to allow you to revel in the Berkshire winter
20. Enjoying a late night dinner at the bar at the Old Mill or sipping a delicious latte at Lenox Coffee.
It was hard to stop at 20 but this should get you started. If you have your own Top 20 for the Berkshires why not share it with us at [email protected], you could be featured in an upcoming newsletter or on our Facebook page.