- This event has passed.
Shakespeare from the Whole Self: The Creative Voice (Online Class)
May 29 @ 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
An event every week that begins at 7:30 PM on Friday, repeating until June 26, 2020
An event every week that begins at 1:00 PM on Saturday, repeating until June 27, 2020
Join us for six transformative weeks of awareness and creative voice work. Experience the synergy of three potent methods offered together: Shakespeare & Company’s text work, Linklater Voice and The Feldenkrais Method.
Discover how the liberating power of awareness can awaken your confidence, and ignite your creativity as an actor. In a supportive and playful environment, explore your voice as an expression of self and your connection to character.
This online workshop is designed to serve anyone interested in exploring the integration of voice, awareness and imagination in the acting of Shakespeare, including:
- Those who crave an in-depth exploration of voice, awareness and personal creativity applied to text.
- Those who love Shakespeare & Company training and would like an introduction to The Feldenkrais Method to add to their toolkit.
- Those new to Shakespeare, interested in an introduction that begins with awareness, voice and imagination.
Both instructors are among the few people worldwide certified in both Linklater Voice & The Feldenkrais Method, and are long-time Company Members and Faculty with Shakespeare & Company.
DATES AND SCHEDULE:
- Section A – May 22 to June 26, 2020, Fridays at 7:30pm to 9:30pm (U.S. Eastern Time)
- Section B – May 23 to June 27, 2020, Saturdays at 1pm to 3pm (U.S. Eastern Time)
TUITION: $275 USD
LOGISTICS: This class will meet via Zoom.
INSTRUCTORS: Corinna May and Gwendolyn Schwinke
**Union, alumni and student discounts available**