- Taking the kids and dogs hiking on the trails behind Hancock Shaker Village. Sometimes we pack a lunch and eat it while enjoying the view of the pond. Great for fall foliage viewing.
- Stopping in for a beer flight and a pizza by Hot Tomatoes Pizza at Bright Ideas Brewery in North Adams.
- All things apple, wandering The Apple Squeeze in Lenox and caramel apple season at Guido’s. The apples are made fresh, tasty for you or as a last-minute gift.
- Loading up the car after a snow dump and heading to one of our local ski areas to enjoy a rare New England powder day. #skiMA
- Pulling out the picnic gear, heading to a local farmers’ market to shop for goodies and then packing up and enjoying a picnic at Tanglewood, nothing says summer like that. Don’t forget the candles and vino.
- Indulging in some retail therapy at museum gift shops through the region. They are some of the best, you can just traverse the county shopping at them all day and feel satisfied with your amazing and unique purchases.
- Dressing up and treating myself and friends with a decadent meal at Wheatleigh. Their Mid-summer BBQ is not to be missed.
- Packing up the family and head to love Ioka Valley Farm, enjoy the petting zoo, sample local maple syrup and more. Then on your way home be sure to enjoy n a trip to Ye Olde Forge (amazing wings and a beer list that can’t be rivaled).
- Pick your own! In the summer there are all sorts of succulent berries but best of all are the apples and foliage in fall. Be sure to enjoy hot apple cider donut and a wine tasting or a Johnny Mash Cider at Hilltop Orchards & Furnace Brook Winery.
- Enjoying a great show almost any night of the week, especially in the warmer months. What adds to this is the fun of discovering all the spots where you can be entertained for free such as at Jacob’s Pillow’s Inside/Out stage, The Mount’s back patio and lawn for jazz concerts, and The Clark’s free concert series.
Discover 10 Insider Tips
Who knows the Berkshire better than our own 1Berkshire staff? Here is a list of some of our favorite ways to enjoy what is in our own backyard.