Berkshire Hiking Trails
Posted on December 13, 2018Written by Lindsey Schmid
Updated on February 07, 2022
Surround yourself in the majestic scenery of the Berkshires. To assist you in your travel planning, we have provided a few of our favorite hiking trails as well as other useful links.
Did you know that there are over 50 wildlife sanctuaries in MA and 3 of them are in the Berkshires? If you are an animal lover be sure to check out these 3 hiking trails from Mass Audubon.
Berkshire Natural Resources Council: Top Ten Berkshire Trails is a hikers ideal resource. Here are 3 hikes we think you must add to your list.
Here are 10 varied hikes from the Department of Conservation & Recreation.
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail (Accessible Trail) (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Beartown State Forest (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Clarksburg State Park
- Greylock Glen
- Mohawk Trail State Forest
- Mount Greylock Trail (Accessible Trail) (Heart Healthy Trail)
- Mt. Washington State Forest
- October Mountain – Washington Mountain Marsh Interpretive Trail
- October Mountain State Forest Trail Map
- Savoy Mountain State Forest Trail Map (Accessible Trail)
Want to go on a self-guided adventure? Check out this Self-Guided Family Hikes guide from DCR for the western part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Or check out their list of accessible trails and heart-healthy trails across MA. Happy hiking!